Founded in 1913, the American Judicature Society is an independent, nonpartisan, MEMBERSHIP organization working nationally to protect the integrity of the American justice system. AJS's diverse and broadly based membership - including judges, lawyers and members of the public - promotes fair and impartial courts through research, publications, education and advocacy for judicial reform. The work of AJS focuses primarily on judicial ethics, judicial selection, access to justice, criminal justice reform, and the jury system. AJS welcomes members from all walks of life who support improvements to the justice system.
Become a New Member using our secure online form.
Renew your Existing Membership using our secure online form.
Make a Tax-Deductible Contribution to support work not covered by grants and memership dues.
Update Your Contact Information by filling out our online Change of Address form.
Benefits of AJS Membership:
- Subscription to Judicature, the Society's bi-monthly scholarly journal on the courts and the administration of justice;
- Judicatories, the electronic AJS newsletter delivered to your email address of record;
- A discount on online CLE programs produced in cooperation with the West LegalEdcenter;
- 15% discount on all AJS publications and videos;
- For judges, a subscription to the Judicial Conduct Reporter, a quarterly review of major developments in judicial conduct and disciplinary matters.
Annual Membership Levels:
How You Can Help Improve the Courts
The American Judicature Society, which brings a public perspective to justice system issues, has an unwavering commitment to advancing justice for society. AJS accomplishes its mission through the backing of thousands of individuals from all walks of life who are dedicated to promoting the effective administration of justice.
By adding your support, you will help AJS carry out its activities to make the courts more effective. The projects and activites of AJS are described throughout this website. After reviewing them, we hope you will agree to lend AJS your support.